Quantcast
Viewing all articles
Browse latest Browse all 3926

Liberia Goes 12 Days Without New Ebola Cases

Image may be NSFW.
Clik here to view.
CVTkvRXWwAQ5Ztc
Liberia has gone complete 12 days without a new Ebola case since the first three cases one of which died later, the Incident Management System (IMS) has said.

Head of the IMS Tolbert Nyenswah said it was a significant reduction in the fight against the current outbreak of the Ebola in the country. Minister Nyenswah who appeared on ELBC Super Morning Show Tuesday also called on Liberians to ease the fears of the virus, urging them to follow all the precautionary measures introduced by the Health Ministry and her multilateral partners.

“The Duport road Cowfield situation is something that we are handling with high speed and critical importance, knowing that the Christmas season is around the corner and we want Liberians to have white Christmas season with happiness and people should not be afraid with the isolated situation we are faced with right now besides the three confirmed cases we spoke of earlier,” he said.

“We have gone 12 days now with no new confirmed case of Ebola in Liberia besides the three that were reported but unfortunately there is one death that occurred and we expressed our condolences to the family,” he added.

He said government had taken positive steps in containing virus given the experiences gathered. “The good news also is that the new cases, the 40 years father and the eight years old son are now negative. The cure of the virus from our test, we have two negative tests and the clinicians are going through the protocols and we may discharge them on this Thursday when all goes well with them,” Nyenswah said.

He also said the IMS had made tremendous efforts in getting all of the contacts through its contact tracing. “Let the family and others know that we are doing everything possible to save those lives as a team and contact tracing is 100%. We have seen all 165 contacts that are doing pretty well. No confirmed case in the ETU right now. We are giving all the psychosocial supports to the contacts and we are praying with them. We are working them. The health team at the ELWA ETU is working 24/7 to give supportive treatments to the patients,” he noted.

The new outbreak began when a 15-year old boy who died later was tested positive of virus, the first since the WHO declared Liberia free of the disease on September 3, 2015.

Since the beginning of the outbreak, Liberia has registered more than 10,600 cases and more than 4,800 deaths, according to a WHO report last week.

However, Nyenswah said the remaining two patients were soon be discharged from Ebola Treatment Unit.


Viewing all articles
Browse latest Browse all 3926

Trending Articles



<script src="https://jsc.adskeeper.com/r/s/rssing.com.1596347.js" async> </script>